I’m really sad that there is no such thing as a day called 13/13/13! We should just add another month to the calendar and then we could continue this 12 year streak of triple numbered dates for a 13th year! I think that is an awesome idea, don’t you?
Last night was super fun! I promised you guys a dress picture, and I will uphold this promise! It’s not the same dress, but here it is:
So I know that I showed you all a different NYE dress- the gold one with the cute black lace skirt. However, California decided to get crazy cold last night (40 DEGREES!!!) so I opted for the other dress I recently bought and some tights and boots. Much better idea!
And, because we love to dance:
If you are wondering why Kevin chose to wear a bow tie and high socks, I will explain. There are a few traditions Filipinos have in their culture on NYE.
- They wear polka dots= A prosperous year
- Money in your wallet= A financially successful year
- Opening all the windows/ Banging pots and pans= Getting any demons out of your life
- Jumping off couches= You will grow taller
- On New Years day, they are not allowed to spend money
Kevin kind of forgot to wear polka dots, so we went shopping yesterday and found him a bow tie and socks that had polka dots on them so he would be covered.
Our night was spent with tons of our old high school friends, good desserts, board games, & lots and lots of dancing! I think there were about 30 people in a 900 square foot apartment, so I suppose I could have worn my other dress and been warm enough, HA!
Anyway, we had a really good time- I especially enjoyed dancing the Gangnam Style! I wish someone would have taken a video of me and Kevin dancing- I have some awesome moves! Just kidding- I dance like a true white girl, but I love to dance anyway!
After the party, a few of us were starving, so we headed to Denny’s for some breakfast at 2AM! My first meal of 2013 may or may not have been a stack of pancakes - hey, you only live once, right?! Plus, I made up for it with a run this morning.
- This morning, my dad and I headed out for another 3 mile run, which flew by! I feel like I am starting to get into a running rhythm after sporadically running for the past 2 months. I hope that I can keep up with this rhythm and keep my goal of running 5 days a week! So far, so good!
- Now I am off to spend New Years cleaning my brains out- I have half my wardrobe in the trunk of my car and I cannot walk in my room.. it’s bad, guys. So, I figured I would spend the last day of my 5 day break cleaning and getting ready for my internship tomorrow!
- I am super nervous/excited/scared/EXCITED to start my internship tomorrow! I hope everything goes well and I don’t completely embarrass myself in some way-although that it bound to happen, with my track record.
My Question For You Is…How was your NYE?What was your first meal of the new year?See ya~ Kay