One of my old clients at the gym I used to work at used to love to give me recipes from time to time… to which I said YES PLEASE!
I love this woman, she is such a wonderful person! She has tons of experience in cooking, so I always listen to what she tells me to do. She is all-knowing, I swear!
Anyhow, she gave me this super east recipe that I had to share because it’s so wonderful. It’s pretty much Kaylie in a bowl:)
- 1 14oz can of tomato
- 12oz of chicken stock
- 2 cups of water
- 4 cups of cabbage
- about 12 long green beans cut up
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 small can of black beans (of white, whichever you prefer)
- one zucchini
- Half and onion
- 3 stalks of celery
- 3 cups of carrots
- 2 cups of whole wheat pasta
- 2 tbsp of oregano
- 3 tbsp of salt and 3 tbsp of pepper
- Okay so you cut up the onion, zucchini, green beans, and cabbage.
- Sautee the onions and carrots together for about 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta until it is a LITTLE undercooked– a.k.a a tad bit stiff.
- Bring the water and stock to a boil, then simmer and add tomatoes.
- Add celery, pasta, onion/carrot mix, beans, corn, and cabbage into the chicken stock/tomato mix and cook for 30 minutes on LOW heat
- Add in the zucchini for an additional 5-8 minutes.
And there you go! Kaylie in a bowl!