Working out and maintaining a healthy lifestyle by yourself can feel practically impossible! Trying new workouts, running a race for the first time, or going to yoga without the support of a friend can make exercise seem like a chore! I have been there. I remember my first few times lifting weights in the gym- I have NO CLUE what I was doing! Learning more about what training entails and working with Kevin and friends from school really helped me feel motivated to continue to train! When I first started running alone, I could never get past .5 miles without stopping and beating myself up emotionally because I wasn’t good enough. My first session of yoga would not have even happened had it not been for one of my closest friends encouraging me to try it! It wasn’t until I began reaching out, finding a support system, and connecting with other people/bloggers that I felt the support I needed to be successful in my fitness journey!
I know how difficult it can be to be healthy without having a healthy support system. I never want you guys to feel alone when you take the plunge into healthy living, so I decided to create a network system that will help you connect with a support system.
What is it?
- Workout Buddies is an electronic Pen Pal Program centered around health and fitness. It is open to anyone and everyone who wants to meet other people who are striving to live healthy lives too!
How Does it Work?
- E-Mail me at email@example.com with your first name and the E-mail address you would like to use. Be sure to email me your submission by the 15th of the month in order to participate in next month’s Workout Buddy!
- On the 20th of each month, I will randomly pair each participant together. You will receive an e-mail with your buddy’s info.
- Throughout the next month, your job is to contact your buddy 5 times via E-mail:
- The first email should be sent between the 20th of the previous month and the 1st of the next month
- The following 4 emails can be sent once a week, on any day that suits you and your buddy!
- On the last Sunday of every month, I set up a link-up on Happy Kaylie Place as well as a recap of my experiences with my buddy!
*You are more then welcome to contact each other MORE! It’s all up to you and your buddy.
What Do You Talk About?
Recap YOUR workouts for the previous week:
- How did you feel?
- Did you try anything new that you’d like to share?
- What milestones did you accomplish?
Recap YOUR diet/nutrition:
- Exchange recipes!
- Talk about any slips that you may feel guilty about! (It’s OKAY we are ALL human & have slips every now and then. Sometimes it’s nice to know you are not alone!)
Talk About Your Life:
- Share with each other the happenings in your life- both fitness and non fitness related!
- Express as many or as little concerns you feel comfortable.
- Get to know one another- we are all in this together!
How Much Does It Cost?
- FREE! Workout Buddies does not cost a thing! All I need is you first name and the email address you would like to use for the program
How Do I Sign Up?
- Simply E-Mail me before the 15th of each month with your first name and the E-Mail you would like to use.
- If you want/need to withdrawl you submission, feel free to email me by the 15th of the month
- You will be committed to your buddy until the end of the month, however you are not obligated to any contract beyond 1 month’s participation.